V1.5.4 - 6 August 2021
Minor cosmetic change:
• Fix notes focus indicator.
V1.5.3 - 24 July 2021
• Improve legibility of text in detail panel.
V1.5.2 - 13 June 2021
• Fixed image in Help.
• Preferences updated immediately when clearing safe from AutoFill.
• Updated icons.
• Resolved issue incorrectly filtering on password age (V1.5.1 only).
V1.5.1 - 10 June 2021
• AutoFill speed optimisation.
• Upgrade Safe on Open setting no longer affects new safe file format (all new safes are V2 format).
• After unlocking the device with TouchID, or authenticating with TouchID in SamuraiSafe, for a short period (12 seconds) afterwards repeat TouchID validation isn’t required within SamuraiSafe. NOTE: this is a convenience feature, but if the duration is too large could be abused, so please, if you have comments or feedback - let me know.
V1.5.0 - 2 June 2021
• Password Autofill for iCloud password safes on macOS 11.0 Big Sur and later. Works very well with TouchID. See Help for details.
V1.4.25 - 10 May 2021
• Extended support to macOS 10.12.1 or later (Touch ID remains supported macOS 10.15 or later).
V1.4.24 - 8 May 2021
• entry and password update times resize with “use larger font” option,
• fixed missing help page screenshot,
• prevent system password autofill prompt from appearing on entry details screen.
V1.4.23 - 4 May 2021
• Touch ID on supported hardware (see Help for details).
• Supporting MacOS 10.15 or later.
V1.4.22 - 18 January 2021
• Updated user guide (see Help/Samuraisafe Help)
V1.4.21 - 11 January 2021
Fixed on MacOS Big Sur:
• the home page field in the password entry was not selectable or editable. The underlying data was unchanged.
• always use HTTPS when opening webpages (unless explicitly set to http:// in home page field),
• ask for app rating/review every now and then (or you can use the app main menu).
V1.4.20 - 12 November 2020
• Minor behind the scenes tweaks.
• Ready for MacOS Big Sur.
V1.4.19 - 6 November 2020
• Removed menu option to revert to old safe format.
• Tweaked the colour visualisation of password strength to be consistent with iOS.
V1.4.18 - 21 October 2020
• Fixed: Changing safe password the password history would become undecryptable.
• Password strength indicator is now labelled, and is live while typing.
V1.4.17 - 12 October 2020
• Updated app icon.
V1.4.16 - 11 October 2020
• Refreshed app icon.
V1.4.15 - 6 August 2020
• Font resize for password history.
• Simplified upgrade safe dialogs.
V1.4.14 - 28 June 2020
• Forward compatibility user interface tweaks.
V1.4.13 - 13 June 2020
• Restored minimised windows on Catalina need to be opened by clicking the dock icon (see V1.4.11 note below). Disable clicking app icon in this case.
V1.4.12 – 6 May 2020
• Allow deletion of item from search view.
V1.4.11 – 16 March 2020
• prevent unnecessary view refresh on opening a safe,
• improve safe opening on MacOS Catalina (minimised safes stay minimised).
NOTE there is a known issue with Catalina when opening a minimised safe. In certain circumstances, you may see a window (without unlock dialog) AND an associated dock icon. If you click on the dock icon, you can proceed to unlock the safe as normal.
V1.4.10 – 31 October 2019
Cosmetic changes. Ready for Catalina.
V1.4.9 – 8 June 2019
• enhancements to new preferences panel (retains position and setting),
• issues with quitting with certain dialogs or with safe changes resolved,
• updated preferences help.
V1.4.8 – 5 June 2019
• modern preferences panel,
• minor timeout issue resolved.
V1.4.7 – 31 May 2019
• new Preferences setting to increase Entry/Detail font size,
• more reliable timeouts,
• now only macOS 10.12 or later.
V1.4.6 – 22 October 2018
• dark mode on MacOS Mojave.
V1.4.5 – 29 August 2018
• fix missing menu items (when opening a minimised safe),
• improve detail sidebar visibility.
As explained in the previous release notes, the UI has undergone a major overhaul.
I have tested it extensively, however if you notice any problems - please let me know.
V1.4.4 – 28 August 2018
• A large UI internals update and modernisation: In order to support upcoming features, and as the drawer interface element is deprecated by Apple, it has been replaced by sidebars. Overall behaviour remains the same. Because of the features used, now supporting only macOS 10.11 and later.
• Detail sidebar can be set to prefer opening on right or left in Preferences.
• Improved handling of file edge cases (read only, read errors).
I have tested the updated UI extensively, however if you notice any problems - please let me know.
V1.4.3 – 7 July 2018
• Prevent spurious “do you want to save changes” dialog after a change of an password entry field followed by a complete undo or revert.
• Window close button “edited” status indicator now correctly set for password entry field changes.
V1.4.2 – 2 July 2018
• Improved visual presentation forward compatibility. [Dark mode is disabled until I can get it looking right.]
V1.4.1 – 21 May 2018
• SamuraiSafe now supports Password History (retaining previously saved passwords).
Enabling this feature requires a password safe file format upgrade. If you use safes in iCloud, you should update SamuraiSafe on all devices before upgrading any safe. For further information, please see help.samarama.net.
V1.3.16 – 12 February 2018
• Improved conflict notification and conflict resolution process.
• Improved handling of remote changes whilst opening or editing.
• Open iCloud menu now indicates conflicted files in red..
V1.3.15 – 9 February 2018
• Prevent spurious change warnings on saves when simultaneously opening an iCloud safe on another iOS 11 or macOS 10.13 device. See support.samarama.net for more details.
V1.3.14 – 24 August 2017
• Fixed spurious warning on saves to iCloud safes (stored on APFS volumes).
V1.3.13 – 26 July 2017
• passphrase generator option (random sequence of English words)
• improved standard password generator (faster, stronger)
• tab options (automatic, on, off) [macOS 10.12+]
V1.3.12 – 20 July 2017
•restored operation of the menu bar icon (enabled in Preferences),
V1.3.11 – 18 July 2017
• Attempting to create a new safe entry with the default username preference set caused crash in v1.3.10 (only).
V1.3.10 – 17 July 2017
• Ensure iCloud change warning dialog doesn’t prevent automatic safe locking.
• Ensure group and entry titles are not visible on screen when safe is locked.
• Improve interaction with iCloud change warning with safe open or conflict dialog.
• Correct tabbing from entries list to search field or detail (if shown).
• Sorry: now only supporting macOS 10.10 and later, as 10.10 features are required.
V1.3.9 – 14 April 2017
Minor update to online help and for time(zone) travellers:
• Safe file modification date/time is now displayed correctly in the iCloud files menu after a timezone change.
V1.3.8 – 9 January 2017
• Fixed Open iCloud menu format issue. Other internal issues resolved.
V1.3.7 – 3 January 2017
• You can now DRAG and DROP the NAME, PASSWORD and WWW (URL) buttons onto text fields in other applications.
• Fixed hang when using undo in search field.
V1.3.6 – 20 December 2016
• Improved notification of iCloud changes made on other devices. Reverts to read only mode if required.
• Clarified use of iCloud Drive for macOS 10.11 and later in Help.
V1.3.5 – 27 October 2016
• Filtering & Auditing has been improved:
– can now filter on weak and shared passwords,
– moved to the main menu Tools/Filter Entries,
– search field clearly indicates if a search or built in filtering is in progress,
– cancel button clears search or built in filtering.
• Using tab to move between an entry list and details in the detail drawer works more predictably.
• Supports macOS 10.8 to 10.12 (Sierra).
V1.3.4 – 15 February 2016
• Minor issues resolved: improved restoration of window settings, update dates in Open iCloud menu daily.
V1.3.3 – 4 December 2015
• Clipboard timeout, no screen animation after minimise on timeout. Name change in store.
V1.3.2 – 11 Novomber 2015
• Open iCloud menu (particularly for El Capitan) contains file modification date.
V1.3.1 – 27 October 2015
• Updated for 10.11 El Capitan: Open iCloud and Move to iCloud menu items.
V1.3 – 17 September 2015
• Password strength indicators.
• Filter by recent changes.
• Filter on old passwords.
• Optional status bar menu (Settings to enable).
• Drawer prefers RHS.
• Bug fixes: save/restore of column widths.
V1.2.1 – 31 August 2015
• Fix app icon in store. No need to update if you have 1.2
V1.2 – 26 June 2013
V1.1.2 – 29 April 2013
First macOS release.