V1.4.6 – 22 October 2018
• dark mode on MacOS Mojave.
V1.4.5 – 29 August 2018
• fix missing menu items (when opening a minimised safe),
• improve detail sidebar visibility.
As explained in the previous release notes, the UI has undergone a major overhaul.
I have tested it extensively, however if you notice any problems - please let me know.
V1.4.4 – 28 August 2018
• A large UI internals update and modernisation: In order to support upcoming features,
and as the drawer interface element is deprecated by Apple, it has been replaced by sidebars.
Overall behaviour remains the same. Because of the features used, now supporting only macOS 10.11 and later.
• Detail sidebar can be set to prefer opening on right or left in Preferences.
• Improved handling of file edge cases (read only, read errors).
I have tested the updated UI extensively, however if you notice any problems - please let me know.
V1.4.3 – 7 July 2018
Fixed two minor issues:
• Prevent spurious "do you want to save changes" dialog after a change of an password entry
field followed by a complete undo or revert.
• Window close button "edited" status indicator now correctly set for password entry field changes.
V1.4.2 – 2 July 2018
• Improved visual presentation forward compatibility.
[Dark mode is disabled until I can get it looking right.]
V1.4.1 – 21 May 2018
• SamuraiSafe now supports Password History (retaining previously saved passwords).
Enabling this feature requires a password safe file format upgrade.
If you use safes in iCloud, you should update SamuraiSafe on all devices before upgrading any safe.
For further information, please see help.samarama.net
V1.3.16 – 12 February 2018
• Improved conflict notification and conflict resolution process.
• Improved handling of remote changes whilst opening or editing.
• Open iCloud menu now indicates conflicted files in red..
V1.3.15 – 9 February 2018
• Prevent spurious change warnings on saves when simultaneously opening an
iCloud safe on another iOS 11 or macOS 10.13 device.
for more details.
V1.3.14 – 24 August 2017
• Fixed spurious warning on saves to iCloud safes (stored on APFS volumes).
V1.3.13 – 26 July 2017
• passphrase generator option (random sequence of English words)
• improved standard password generator (faster, stronger)
• tab options (automatic, on, off) [macOS 10.12+]
V1.3.12 – 20 July 2017
•restored operation of the menu bar icon (enabled in Preferences),
V1.3.11 – 18 July 2017
• Attempting to create a new safe entry with the default username preference set caused
crash in v1.3.10 (only).
V1.3.10 – 17 July 2017
• Ensure iCloud change warning dialog doesn’t prevent automatic safe locking.
• Ensure group and entry titles are not visible on screen when safe is locked.
• Improve interaction with iCloud change warning with safe open or conflict dialog.
• Correct tabbing from entries list to search field or detail (if shown).
• Sorry: now only supporting macOS 10.10 and later, as 10.10 features are required.
V1.3.9 – 14 April 2017
Minor update to online help and for time(zone) travellers:
• Safe file modification date/time is now displayed correctly in the iCloud files menu
after a timezone change.
V1.3.8 – 9 January 2017
• Fixed Open iCloud menu format issue. Other internal issues resolved.
V1.3.7 – 3 January 2017
• You can now DRAG and DROP the NAME, PASSWORD and WWW (URL) buttons onto text
fields in other applications.
• Fixed hang when using undo in search field.
V1.3.6 – 20 December 2016
• Improved notification of iCloud changes made on other devices. Reverts to read only mode if required.
• Clarified use of iCloud Drive for macOS 10.11 and later in Help.
V1.3.5 – 27 October 2016
• Filtering & Auditing has been improved:
– can now filter on weak and shared passwords,
– moved to the main menu Tools/Filter Entries,
– search field clearly indicates if a search or built in filtering is in progress,
– cancel button clears search or built in filtering.
• Using tab to move between an entry list and details in the detail drawer works more predictably.
• Supports macOS 10.8 to 10.12 (Sierra).
V1.3.4 – 15 February 2016
• Minor issues resolved: improved restoration of window settings,
update dates in Open iCloud
V1.3.3 – 4 December 2015
• Clipboard timeout, no screen animation after minimise on timeout. Name change in store.
V1.3.2 – 11 Novomber 2015
• Open iCloud
menu (particularly for El Capitan) contains file modification date.
V1.3.1 – 27 October 2015
• Updated for 10.11 El Capitan: Open iCloud
and Move to iCloud
V1.3 – 17 September 2015
• Password strength indicators.
• Filter by recent changes.
• Filter on old passwords.
• Optional status bar menu (Settings to enable).
• Drawer prefers RHS.
• Bug fixes: save/restore of column widths.
V1.2.1 – 31 August 2015
• Fix app icon in store. No need to update if you have 1.2
V1.2 – 26 June 2013
V1.1.2 – 29 April 2013
First macOS release.