There are three ways to fill in forms with usernames and passwords stored in SamuraiSafe on Mac:
Cut and Paste
- Clicking the Name, ** or WWW button will copy the appropriate field to the system pasteboard.
- Use ⌘+v to paste the result.
To access the notes field, open the detail drawer and select directly from the display.
After a delay (specified in Settings), the clipboard will be automatically cleared.
Drag and Drop
- Drag the Name, ** or WWW button over the field you wish to fill.
Password Autofill (iCloud safes only)
Password Autofill will automatically fill usernames and passwords in Safari or other apps that support Autofill.
- Autofill is most convenient on a Mac if you use TouchID to unlock SamuraiSafe.
- Enable Autofill for SamuraiSafe in System Settings(Preferences) / Extensions / SamuraiSafe / Password Autofill.
- Open the iCloud safe you wish to use for Autofill in SamuraiSafe and select the Files menu Use Safe for Password Autofill.
- Safari, and other apps supporting Autofill will prompt to fill in the username and password as appropriate based upon the matching web page address (url).
- By selecting the key icon, you may search for the appropriate safe entry for supplying username and password.