iCloud usually ‘just works’, but occasionally there are circumstances when it doesn’t. Common issues seen are a failure to sync a safe, or a ’stuck’ (partly complete) sync. If this happens there are few things you can try which usually resolve the issue.
- that your Mac (or iOS device) is connected to the internet (try web browsing),
- you are logged on to iCloud and have enabled iCloud Drive for SamuraiSafe (System Settings),
- the availability of the Apple iCloud Drive service.
If the above doesn’t resolve anything try:
- logging out and the logging in again restarts the appropriate iCloud processes which will often resolve issues,
- restarting your device will restart the iCloud processes,
- disabling and then re-enabling iCloud Drive for SamuraiSafe.
if the above steps fail to resolve the issue, try logging out of iCloud completely, and then logging in again. (Note there may be side effects to doing this, such as loss of linked ApplePay credit cards. They will need to be re-linked after logging back into iCloud.)
Note also that iCloud updates are not instantaneous. After relogging into iCloud on a device, it may be necessary to wait at least 10 minutes before the updates come through. The speed of restoration will no doubt depend on the network speed and the size of your iCloud data store.